Updating applications to the latest releases and versions is the most important thing users need to do in order to maintain efficiency. The same implies to QuickBooks. Unfortunately, there are times when users get QuickBooks won’t update error when they try to update QuickBooks Desktop. There are numerous factors responsible for update error in QuickBooks, such as incorrect network settings, incorrect date and time, and many others. If you are wondering why this happens, go through the complete blog and learn about causes and solutions to fix it.
Got stuck with the QuickBooks update error? Don’t worry. Call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and seek advanced troubleshooting assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals
Reasons why you are getting QuickBooks Desktop Pro Update error?
Down below are the major triggers of update error in QuickBooks:
- Windows Firewall settings restrict QuickBooks from downloading updates.
- Internet connectivity and network issues create issues while downloading the updates.
- Third-party applications installed on the computer are interrupting the ongoing update process.
- Incorrect date and time settings on the device are also one of the reasons behind update error in QuickBooks.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update error
Solution 1. Verify the Date and Time on your device
An incorrect date and time on the system can create issues with the update process. Here’s how to check the same in order to fix the error:
- Move to your Windows Desktop, right-click the clock and click Adjust Date/Time.
- Choose Change date and time, then enter the current date and time.
- Close the QuickBooks window and then open it again.
- Now, try to run the QuickBooks Desktop update again.
Solution 2. Reconfigure the Internet Connection settings
You won’t get the update from QuickBooks, if you can’t access the Chase banking page. If you can view the Chase banking page, open QuickBooks and do the following:
- In QuickBooks, select the Help menu and click Internet Connection Setup.
- Click Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet, and then choose Next.
- Select Advanced Connection settings, go to the Advanced tab and click Restore Advanced Settings.
- Click OK, then Done, and then try to update QuickBooks again.
Solution 3. Set Firewall settings manually again
Perform the steps given below and add Firewall port exception for QuickBooks:
- Click the Windows icon to open the Start menu and type ‘Firewall’ within the search field.
- When the Windows Firewall opens, choose Advanced Settings and right-click Inbound Rules.
- Select New Rule, then Port, and then click Next.
- Select TCP and move to the Specific local ports field. Enter ports required for QuickBooks within the field.
- Enter the port number, click Next and select Allow the Connection.
- Click Next, mark all the profiles, and choose Next.
- Now, create a new rule with name ‘QBPorts (year) and click Finish.
The troubleshooting solutions discussed above will definitely help you fix QuickBooks won’t update error. There might be a possibility that the error continues even after implementing the resolutions given above. In that case, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by giving a call on 1.855.738.2784 for more help.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12007