Who would have thought that even the nutty & sweet-tasting pumpkin seeds had numerous health benefits? But it is true! These edible seeds deriving from pumpkin fruit are full of nutrients which makes them a perfect snack option. No matter what diet you are following, snacking with pumpkin seeds is healthy and nutritious (in the limit, of course!).
Another plus point which makes them a must part of your diet is their price. Pumpkin seeds prices are cost-effective, so it doesn’t put a massive dent in your pocket.
If you are wondering what benefits these tiny seeds provide? And how to use them in recipes, continue reading.
Benefits of pumpkin seeds
Rich in antioxidants
Pumpkin seeds prices are menial, but they provide significant benefits as they are antioxidant-rich. It helps protect our body from free radicals saving us from multiple diseases.
They are heart-healthy
Pumpkin seeds are high in unsaturated fats (healthy fats) like ALA. When you consume them in moderation and on a balanced diet, you improve your heart health. Also, it can control blood sugar and cholesterol levels, which can contribute to cardiovascular diseases.
Protection from cancer
Pumpkin seeds are high in carotenoids. Numerous studies say that carotenoids can help your body fight against certain cancers like breast, prostate, and collateral cancer.
May treat bladder issues
Some studies say that pumpkin seeds or pumpkin oil can help treat urinary disorders. It can also promote bladder health. However, there is limited research on the same.
Helps you manage diabetes
Pumpkin seeds are high in magnesium. Since magnesium helps control blood-sugar levels, it is beneficial for people who have diabetes.
Helps boost immunity
Pumpkin seeds have a high quantity of zinc and vitamin E. Both of these improve our immunity as zinc lowers inflammation, and Vitamin E helps fight infections.
Recipes where pumpkin seed is the star!
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Whole pumpkin seeds– 1 ½ cup
- Melted butter – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Now, in a bowl, put the melted butter, salt, and seeds. Mix them well! (you can use unsweetened nut butter too or ghee).
- In a baking tray, lay the pumpkin seeds out and bake for 45 minutes. Keep stirring. Sprinkle pepper powder before eating them.
Strawberry smoothie with pumpkin seeds
- Fresh or dried strawberries- 1 ½ cup
- Greek or vegan yogurt- 1 cup
- Ice cubes
- Banana- 1
- Pumpkin seeds– 2 tbsp
- In a blender, add everything and blend to make a smooth consistency. Pour in a glass.
- Now, add pumpkin seeds (raw or roasted) to the smoothie. The crunchy taste of the seeds will make the smoothie even better.
Protein bar with pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin seeds– 1 cup
- Flax seeds- 1 cup
- Oats- 1 cup
- Butter/ghee- 1 cup melted
- Cacao powder- 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 1tbps
- Dates or date syrup
- In a food processor, add everything and blend till it looks like dough.
- In a pan, spread a white sheet and spray butter/ghee on it.
- Lay the mixture on it and press it.
- Once it cools down, cut into square pieces and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds for garnishing.
In conclusion, pumpkin seeds are nutritious, tasty, and guilt-free. Eat them raw, roasted, or add them to recipes and enjoy their benefits. And with Neuherbs pumpkin seeds prices, there is no better deal. So, start eating them now!