Multiple users store their vital information in PST file and that particular can exceed its final limit and affect the overall performance of Outlook. To prevent that, users have to reduce the size of Outlook data file and for that, we will be mentioning several solutions by which anyone easily resolves this particular issue.
This issue occurs when the Outlook PST file is oversized and by compressing the size of the PST file you can put this issue to an end.
Benefits of Compressing & Compacting Outlook Data File
- By reducing the size of Outlook data file, users can easily manage their Outlook mailbox data.
- It will help you to overcome certain issues such as hanging and Microsoft Outlook’s slow& steady performance.
- Avoids corruption or damage issue.
Manual Methods to Reduce the Size of Outlook Data File
The free method contains two different techniques. In this segment, we will discuss both methods properly and you can choose any method as per your requirement.
Must Read : What Is Whaling Phishing?
1. Using “Compact Now” Wizard
Here get through the steps mentioned down below:-
- Open Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the File>>Info tab.
- Next, select the Account Settings option and then again hit on Account Settings to proceed further.
- In the next step, choose the Data files option and press Settings. Afterward, select your desired file and click on Compact Now.
- Lastly, hit on the OK option to finish the procedure to reduce the size of Outlook data file.
2. Archive your Emails in MS Outlook
- Run Outlook and go to File>>Info and select the Tools option and clean up old items.
- Next, choose an archive dialogue box displayed on your screen. Hit on the “Archive this folder and all sub-folders” option and opt for the file and folder to archive.
- After that, make sure to check to include items along with the “Do not Auto Archive” option to archive the required files to contain automatic archiving.
- In the end, click on the OK option to complete this procedure.
What if the Manual Methods Fails?
There is a high chance that the manual methods may not provide you with satisfactory results. Moreover, the free method does not have the ability to reduce the size of Outlook data file. It also requires the installation and configuration of Microsoft Outlook by compressing the data files procedure.
A Smart Solution to Compress PST File Size in Outlook
As we have discussed above, the aforementioned methods manual solution does not have the ability to reduce the size of Outlook data file. Users can use the Compress PST File Software to divide Outlook data file into multiple files. Moreover, this utility operates on all versions of the Windows operating system and it does not require the installation or configuration of Microsoft Outlook.
Complete the Procedure to Shrink the Size of the PST File
Follow the given steps to reduce the size of Outlook data file:-
- Install and Launch this Compress Tool on your Windows Machine.
- Now, click on the Add PST File or Folder(s) option to upload your files.
- Afterward, select the required split option from the given ones.
- Make sure to check the summary of split information and press the Next option to proceed further.
- The process of reducing the size of the PST file is completed.
Also Read:- How to Migrate PST Files into PDF File Format?
Time to Conclude
A large PST file can cause corruption and overall performance issues in Microsoft Outlook. In this scenario, users may require to reduce the size of Outlook data file. Moreover, we have mentioned both the free and automated solutions to compress the size of the PST file by splitting the data file into smaller parts.
As we already know, the manual solution can be quite complicated and can affect the Output results. The safest option would be to use the professional solution mentioned in the following article.