Facing Canon printer not printing black? It is a common occurrence that a user faces now and then. However, it is absolutely simple to fix not printing black on your Canon printer. To come out of it, clean the print head nozzles because it is clogged. Or, there might be a shortage of ink because of what it is not printing black on the paper. Well, you will find it very simple to regain the printing black power of the Canon printer.
How to clean Canon Printer?
Cleaning printers have been found to fix the problems related to print, most of the time. Because of continuous use or keeping it for days (without use) can make your printer clogged with ink inside the nozzle. Here’s the help to make it clean.
- Switch on the printer.
- Keep at least 2 pairs of A4 size sheets in the tray.
- Now, open both the paper output tray and the output tray extension
- Here, first, choose set up and then tap the tools/wrench icon to start cleaning.
- With the help of “Arrow keys”, choose ‘Maintenance Menu’ and click OK to invade.
- Then, pick “Deep Cleaning” and select OK
- After confirming by tapping YES, it will take around 3 minutes to complete the cleaning process.
- Pattern printer confirmation you will see on the screen. Tap OK to confirm.
How to fix Canon Printer not printing Black issue?
Due to the continuous use of the printer, it’s normal to witness wear and tear and because it’s a printer, other things like ink shortage, the ink dried up, nozzle print head clogged are common reasons for your Canon printer not printing Black. Here’re the steps to handle it.
As we have covered one fix in the primary heading, we will be discussing other factors that we should be performing to regain the color printing ability of the Canon Printer.
Check update for Printer Driver and do it
- The use of a Printer Driver is essential and therefore it should always be updated. Let’s see how:
- Tap on the windows key, and type Run in the search section.
- Next, type the ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the search bar and click Enter.
- A window called ‘Device Management’ will be opened. Now, go to the print queue category and expand it.
- Tap right on your Canon printer device and choose “Update Driver” from options.
- Tap the “Check for automatically updated driver program.”
- Continue to follow the given instructions which will help update the driver using ‘Device Manager’.
Place the printer Cartridges accurately
The alignment of your printer Cartridge is important and therefore the help of the given steps in the same way.
- Switch your printer ON along with placing the paper in the paper tray.
- Move to the Install button and tap to get the list of options.
- Now, choose a tool and tap the ‘Adjust Printer.’
- Tap OK to print an align page.
Change the cartridge
Also, when the above two steps don’t seem to work, there is a chance that the problem relies on your cartridge and it needs to be changed. Here’s how you identify it to change.
- First, you need to review the initial page properly.
- Secondly, check for color blocks and text on the test page.s
With these two reviews if you find issues; you need to make changes to the cartridge.
Here’s how you change your cartridge once found an error in it:
- Initially, place the paper inside the paper tray.
- After that, switch your printer ON.
- Once it is ON, reviews the cartridge door.
- Then after, carefully push the cartridge down and remove it.
- First, you remove the cartridge and then the plastic tape respectively.
- Keep the cartridge besides the nozzles and put the cartridge into the ink nozzles.
- Keep dropping the cartridge onto the section till it indicates full.
- Finally, close the cartridge.
Canon printer not printing – it is due to the ink shortage, the nozzle printer head being clogged, the cartridge issue, and the Printer Driver being outdated. Ensure everything is fixed and then perform the printing process on your Canon printer.