QuickBooks Error 6123 0 is an annoying error code, that takes place when you try to restore a backup for a company file. The error may also occur while opening a company file in the hosting mode or upgrading QuickBooks company file. When the error arises, you get obstructed from accessing, upgrading, Choose your company file from the drop-down menu when QuickBooks File Doctor opens. If you don’t see it, select Browse to look for it on your computer. or restoring a file in the given scenario. Evidently, QuickBooks error 6123 0 is an intimidating technical error in the program that you never want to confront. For comprehensive troubleshooting information, follow the whole article until the end.
Getting QuickBooks error message 6123 0 on your screen and looking for a speedy error-resolution. Feel easy to dial our QuickBooks error support number 1.855.738.2784 and directly talk to a certified QuickBooks expert
QuickBooks Error code 6123, 0- Explained:
The error code 6123 0 is accompanied by an error message in QuickBooks. “Please accept our apologies. QuickBooks was unable to access your company file.” You can also read the correct course of action to correct the issue in the error message box. You can see this error message in the following instances-
- Opening a company file in hosting mode
- Upgrading QuickBooks company file
- Restoring the backup that you have made for your company file.
Reasons That Can Evoke QuickBooks Company File Error 6123 0:
There are various possible reasons for the QuickBooks error 6123 0. When the company file you are trying to restore is stored on an external device, then the error is sure to occur. Sometimes, a damaged network connection from the hosting server can be the root cause for the error 6123 0. Make sure that your McAfee antivirus program is not interfering with the QB Desktop services. A damaged company file or Windows may also result in QuickBooks error 6123 0.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error h303
How Do I Resolve Intuit QB Error Message Code 6123 0?
For various known reasons for the error code, you need to embark the troubleshooting one after another in the below-listed succession-
Method One: Verify the QuickBooks Update
First of all, verify that your accounting software is updated to the latest patch. To update QuickBooks, follow the below-given steps-
- Go to the Help menu of QuickBooks and select Update QuickBooks.
- From the new window that follows go to the Update Now
- Checkmark the checkbox against the Reset Update.
- Now, select Get Update option and wait for the update to finish.
- Restart the QuickBooks and follow the prompts carefully to install the new update.
- Examine the rectification of QuickBooks error 6123 0.
Method Two: Repair Damaged QB Company File
Damaged or corrupted company file can be one of the possible grounds for QuickBooks error 6123 0. Running QuickBooks File Doctor fixes not only the damaged company files but also eliminates the risk of concerned error code. Download the tool from the Intuit’s website of Intuit and run it to resolve the error.
Method Three: Re-create .ND and .TLG Files
.ND & .TLG are the configuration files in the QuickBooks that enable users to access their company file in the multi-user platform. Renaming these files can help you fix QB error 6123 0.
- Open the folder containing your QuickBooks company file.
- Find the corresponding .ND & .TLG files for .QBW file.
- Right-click the .ND file and select Rename from drop-down list.
- Add word “Old” after the extension (i.e., .ND >.ND.OLD).
- Again, rename .TLG file to .TLG.OLD.
- Now try to open your QuickBooks file.
Method Four: Move Company File to a Different Location
Try to extend the company file from a distinct location. Sometimes, the QuickBooks error takes place, when you try to open your company file in multi-user hosting environment. However, you can try to move your company file from the server to your local system and open the file from its new location. It is helpful in many instances of QB Desktop error 6123 0.
Method Five: Reinstall QB Desktop Software
After practicing all the procedures, if the QB error persists, then try to uninstall the QuickBooks and then re-install the program.
- Before starting, make sure that QuickBooks application is not running in the background.
- Now, press and hold Windows key and hit R at the same time. It intention extend a Run box on your screen.
- Type Control Panel in the text box.
- Now select the Program and then make your selection to Programs and Features.
- From the list of the programs, choose QuickBooks and click Uninstall.
- Once, the QuickBooks is uninstalled successfully, reinstall it using Clean Install Tool.
- You can run QB Clean Install Tool from.
Endmost Solution for QuickBooks Error Message Code 6123 0:
None of the above-described solutions worked on error 6123 0? Worry not! Contacting a qualified QuickBooks professional can be the most efficient way to get your QuickBooks error corrected. Use our QuickBooks error support helpline number 1.855.738.2784 to get rid of QuickBooks error 6123 0 promptly.
Read also : Pro Tips to Remove QuickBooks Error H202