Multiple users want to convert NSF files to PST files and there can be various reasons behind this query. For this, we will explain all the possible methods to resolve this query seamlessly.
As it is known, IBM notes (previously known as Lotus Notes and now known as HCL notes) is one the widely popular email client used by large companies all over the world. It is however a complicated server that requires users to have high-end technical knowledge to maintain. Not only that, it is financially demanding and only large enterprises can utilize the Notes application.
If we were to talk about reasons to carry out the conversion of NSF to PST format, then there can be multiple reasons. In the next segment, we will be elucidating the methods as well as the reasons.
Responsible Factors to Export HCL Notes to Outlook PST
- HCL Notes is obscure and it is not everyone’s cup of tea to understand the user interface and work well with the features of lotus notes without any type of training. Multiple users face issues while using this.
- It requires more financial management compared to any other email client such as Exchange or Outlook. That is one of the main reasons why many users prefer Microsoft Outlook.
- One more obvious reason to convert NSF files to PST files is switching from HCL notes to MS Outlook.
Also Read:- How to Open the OLM File to PST on Mac?
Best Ways to Convert NSF Files to PST Files
There is a manual way available that can help you export HCL notes to Outlook PST. But, this manual method has three parts, so users can follow all the methods one by one. So, let’s get started:-
Step 1. Export your Lotus Notes Mailbox
- First of all, Run this Lotus Notes application on your Windows Machine.
- If your NSF file is already open in Lotus notes, then you can skip to the next step. If not, then open your File by simply choosing File and then open your file>>Lotus Notes Application.
- Next, you can choose the NSF mailbox and hit on the Export option from the File menu.
- Afterward, one can simply select the Destination location and choose the Comma Separated Values (CSV) option from the drop-down list. Press the Export option.
- In the next step, select the additional export options and hit the OK button.
- Lastly, the CSV file will not get exported to the chosen location.
Step 2. Import your Output CSV File into MS Outlook
Simply follow these below-listed steps:-
- Open and Launch Microsoft Outlook, then go to the File menu.
- Next, Go to the Open & export option and choose the Import/export option.
- You can now choose Import from another program or file from the given options.
- To import to a file, choose CSV and proceed to the Next Window.
- Go to the File menu and select the Lotus Notes CSV file that you exported earlier.
- Your data is now successfully imported into Outlook & the procedure of NSF to PST conversion is now successful.
Step 3. Convert NSF Files to PST Files
Now, your NSF data is in Outlook. If you want a PST file, then you can follow the below-listed steps:-
- Run Microsoft Outlook and go to the File menu.
- Afterward, you can choose Open & Export and click on the Import/Export option.
- Next, choose export to a file option in the Import & Export wizard.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and you can now proceed with the next step.
- You can now import the chosen data that you wish to export to PST.
- Browse to the location where you wish to store the Outlook PST file.
- In the final step, press the Finish button to convert NSF files to PST files.
This entire procedure however has significant limitations which we will address properly in the next section.
Demerits of the Aforementioned Manual Method
- This manual method’s major disadvantage in converting NSF files to PST files is the HCL notes export option. As sometimes it results in a file with no extension. It is important to rename the file.
- A CSV file is not meant to store email messages and other items. So, you cannot expect it to store mailbox items in a proper manner.
- Also, the entire procedure can take a lot of time and does not provide 100% working results.
An Automated Solution to Export HCL Notes to Outlook Data File
As we have explained earlier, manual methods can be a little complicated and time-consuming. So, we highly advise you to opt for the professional solution to get satisfactory results. The NSF to PST Converter Software to convert NSF files to PST files in a seamless manner. It helps users to export multiple NSF files in bulk in an error-free manner. Also, with this solution, users can export their data from the domino server.
Working Demonstration of this Software – A Working Guide
Here follow the below-listed steps:-
- Download & Launch this NSF to PST Converter Software on your Windows Machine.
- You can now upload your NSF files into the software panel: by choosing Add File or Folder(s).
- Users can apply the filters to their NSF data files.
- Afterward, click on the Export option to convert NSF files to PST files.
It is now possible to convert NSF files to PST files in a seamless manner. NSF and PST files both are the proprietary file formats of HCL notes and Microsoft Outlook accordingly. For that, we have mentioned both manual and professional solutions and users can use any method as per their requirements.
Also Read : Tips For Getting Started With Linkedin Ads