QuickBooks error C 224 comes up on the screen when a user tries to post payments to customers or export a report to excel. On the occurrence of this error, the user gets a message, “Error has occurred in QuickBooks, please restart computer.” The error is sometimes resolved by restarting the QuickBooks Desktop application. There are several reasons behind this error, such as damaged QuickBooks company files and Windows registry files. To get rid of the error, read the blog until the end to learn about the causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
QuickBooks error C 224 is a complicated technical error and is difficult to resolve. But the good thing is that you could get immediate troubleshooting assistance by connecting with the QuickBooks support team. Simply dial 1.855.738.2784 and talk to experts.
Reasons that can cause QuickBooks Unexpected error C 224
Given below are several major reasons that trigger the error:
- Damage or corruption to QuickBooks transaction log file.
- Having an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Damaged Windows registry files.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1723
Solutions to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks Desktop error C 224
Follow the troubleshooting solutions carefully to eliminate the error from the root:
Solution 1. Start QuickBooks without opening the company file
- On your Windows Desktop, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Tap and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and choose Open.
- After that, try to open the company file.
Solution 2. Open a sample file of QuickBooks
- In QuickBooks, select the File menu at the top and choose Open or restore company.
- Click Next, select a sample company file you want to use, and click open.
Solution 3. Repair the QuickBooks application
- Tap the Windows and E keys jointly on the keyboard to open the Computer window.
- Select Uninstall or change a program and then select QuickBooks.
- After selecting QuickBooks, click Uninstall/Change and move to the QuickBooks Installation window.
- Click Next, select Repair, and at the end, click Finish.
Solution 4. Recreate the damaged QuickBooks Transaction Log file
- Open File Manager and then the QuickBooks Installation folder.
- Within the folder, locate the QuickBooks transaction log file and right-click it.
- Select the Rename option, add the word .old at the end of the file name and then save the file.
- Now, start QuickBooks to check if the error is fixed.
Solution 5. Update QuickBooks application to the latest release
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, click the Help menu, and select Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Update Now tab, select the Maintenance and features checkbox and choose Get Updates.
- Click the Update Now button. Once the download completes, restart your computer.
If the error doesn’t fix, run the QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data Utility Tool.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog will help you eliminate QuickBooks error C 224. If the error still appears, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get direct consultation from the QuickBooks technical support team.
Related search terms : QuickBooks Company File Error C=224, QuickBooks Data Damage Error C 224, QuickBooks Desktop Error C 224
You may read also : QuickBooks Database Server Manager Has Stopped Working! How to Rectify It?