QuickBooks is a useful accounting program that has become a staple of small and mid-sized enterprises.. It plays a pivotal role in business-oriented various accounting, and other tasks like payroll, bookkeeping, banking transactions, etc. On the other hand, QB users usually encounter various technical complexities that obstruct their workflow desperately. You’ll see the following error message after entering your email password: “”QuickBooks was unable to submit your application for the following reason: QuickBooks was able to connect to the remote server but was unable to decipher the response” or “We were unable to connect” to the email server for your email provider.” Please try once more to see if the server problem has been resolved.” In this blog, you shall learn how to fix if QuickBooks was unable to connect to the email server
While using QuickBooks Desktop and trying to access its web-mail, after entering your email password, you may see an error on the screen, which says: “Couldn’t Connect to Email Server. We were unable to connect to your email provider’s email server.” If you need immediate assistance, call the QuickBooks Customer Support Team at 1.855.738.2784
How to Fix QuickBooks Can’t Connect to Email Server?
There are various troubleshooting methods to resolve this technical issue. It is recommended to follow the steps of any resolving method attentively.
Method 1: Get the most recent version of QuickBooks –
- To begin, go to the “Recent Updates” or “Latest Release” page.
- You need to ensure that your product has been selected. If not, click on “Change Link” and select your QB item.
- Then, click on “Update” to download the Updated file.
- Now, click on “Setup Automatic Updates” to know the process for setting your QuickBooks Desktop for downloading and installing the latest updates automatically.
Recommended to read : Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is Missing
Method 2: Checking the Webmail Preferences Settings in QB Desktop –
- Initiate the process by going to the “Edit” menu of QuickBooks.
- Now, click on “Preferences.”
- In the left pane, select “Send Form.”
- Then, choose the current email account that you are using by going to “My Preferences.”
- Finally, click on “STMP Server Details” and enter the name of the server and port to set it to the e-mail account that you are using now.
Method 3: Resetting your Internet Explorer’s settings as Default –
- Begin this troubleshooting method by opening your “Internet Explorer.”
- Then, click on “Tools” by pressing “Alt + T” or click on “Gear Icon.”
- Then, click on “Internet Options.”
- Now, go to the “Advanced Settings.”
- Then, choose the “Restore Advanced Settings.”
- Finally, click on “OK” and close the browser.
By following the steps of any of the three troubleshooting methods, you can resolve QuickBooks Could Not Connect to Email Server. However, if you still face this error, there are chances for different technical glitches. You should contact the QuickBooks Error Support Team at 1.855.738.2784 at the soonest for the best solution by QB certified professionals.
You may read also this blog : QuickBooks Database Server Manager Has Stopped Working! How to Rectify It?