501 Not Implemented is a HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) status error code usually arises when the server doesn’t recognize the request. Usually, when you try to browse any website, the browser first makes a request to the server hosting the site. In that whole scenario, the server may not fulfill the request and hence receive the 501 Status Code. Though, it is not something you can fix but requires a fix by the web server you are attempting to access. Furthermore, feel free to read the blog from top-to-toe to know how to cope with this problem in an efficient way.
Each Browser Displays 501 Status Code In A Different Form
There are so many different web browsers like Mozilla, Chrome, IE, etc, people prefer in the purpose of accessing the web page. But, it is also the truth that each browser has different functionality. So, the HTTP 501 not implemented error can be displayed by every browser in a dissimilar way. The possible number of messages can be presented as:
- 501 Not Implemented;
- Error 501;
- HTTP 501.
Causes Of The Occurrence Of 501 Status Code
There are various other situations that can cause the 501 HTTP Not Implemented error. Take a brief look at the below-noted list of possible reasons:
- The presence of viruses or malware threats on the computer may prevent the browser from communicating with the web server. And, when there is a server connection problem, the HTTP 501 error occurs.
- When the server is overloaded, the web traffic will also increase. Such a high volume of traffic makes communications slower and leads to a failure in completing the request. Thus, the server will probably return an Error 501 Status Code.
- There is also a possibility that the server software is out of date or has expired.
- Most probably, the web server admin hasn’t enabled a feature that is actually required to fulfill the request.
- Maybe the web server software you chose is not compatible with a feature on a site.
After identifying the actual reason for the appearance of the 501 Status Code problem, you can hassle-freely eradicate it. Though, it is probably clear in your head that this is not the problem with your computer or web browser. It is actually a problem with the web server or the site that you run. Let’s give a glance at how you can fix this issue.
Solutions To Fix The 501 Status Code Error
There is no need to pull your hair if you see the 501 not implemented error message on the browser screen despite getting the web content. It is totally understandable how cranky you feel when receiving the 501 Status Code message. So, we’ve compiled the fruitful fixing guidelines for you. Go through the instructions noted underneath to get the issue resolved in the blink of an eye. Let’s follow!
Solution 1: Trying Reload The WebPage
One of the easiest and most intuitive things you should try when encountering a 501 Not Implemented error is to wait a couple of minutes. Afterward, try to reload the page simply by pressing the “F5” key or “Ctrl + F5” keys simultaneously on your keyboard. It could be that the web host or server will eradicate this issue. While you are waiting, you could also quickly try a different browser to check if the site runs on it fluently.
If still the same error exists, implement the next solving tricks.
Solution 2: Check The Site’s Server
Another trick you can execute is to paste the website’s URL into downforeveryoneorjustme.com. This website will provide you the complete information if the site is down or making a mistake on your side. Once the site is up for everyone you can also be able to access that specific site without experiencing the 501 Status Code error issue.
If continue facing the same issue, implement the next solution.
Solution 3: Clear Your Browser Cache
At some point in time, it would be good to clear your browser cache. Maybe the invalid login information is stored in your browser which can be disturbing the log-in process. Thereafter, this may result in the HTTP 501 status code. So, to sort it out quickly and efficiently, you have to clear the stored data from your browser. Here’s how to clear cache in the Chrome browser:
- On your Windows system, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Now, at the top right, click on the “More” option.
- Click the “More” tools and then select the “Clear browsing data” option.
- At the top, choose a specific time range.
- To delete everything, select “All time”.
- Now, head to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” and check the boxes.
- Click “Clear data” to finally remove the unnecessary stored file from your Chrome browser.
Now, you can attempt to access the web page on this browser to ensure the 501 http status code error has been solved. If yet not, move on to the next tricks.
Solution 4: Disable Proxy Settings
This is very rare but still, if you are using a proxy server, you can confront the 501 Status Code problem. So, let’s follow the steps noted below to ensure no proxy settings are enabled on your Windows PC:
- Click the “Chrome Menu” displayed in three-dotted points in the browser toolbar.
- Now, choose the “Settings” option.
- Click the “Advanced” drop-down tab.
- Now, under the “System” section, click “Open your computer’s proxy settings”.
- Under the “Automatic proxy setup” section, slightly toggle “Automatic Detect Settings” Off.
- Under “Manual proxy setup”, toggle “Use a proxy server” Off.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
After disabling the proxy settings, the site will probably run flawlessly on your web browser.
Get One-Stop Support Solution For 501 Status Code
Hopefully, after successfully implementing the aforesaid course of action, the 501 Status Code is been disappeared. If, unfortunately, the same problem yet persists, don’t feel blue! Just make a direct conversation with us via dialing the toll-free helpline number. We have a team of well-qualified tech specialists who will definitely lend you a hand to get your error dissolved from the root.