Are you facing QuickBooks errors 1601, 1603, and 1642? This error is a damaged Microsoft Windows Installer, or the reason is a damaged QuickBooks Desktop Installation. Here in this article, we will give you information about the causes of this error and how possibly you can solve this.
Causes of this error
- This error occurs when the windows get infected due to a virus attack on an operating system
- Another reason for this error is when QB downloading file is a fault
- When MS Windows installer gets corrupted
- There would be no permission to install QuickBooks software or a Windows OS
- If all files get locked
- Effective programs with malware effect
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Codes 1601, 1603 and 1642
Solution 1: Reinstall or Repair MS.NET Framework
Step 1: Carry out QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- While beginning with the solution, at the very first step, you have to download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website.
- After that, you have to close down all the open programs and double-click on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe to run it (this process may take up to 20 minutes to complete.)
- After completing the diagnostic, what you suggest is to restart your computer so that the components are updated appropriately.
Step 2: Update Your Windows OS
- In the second step, you are suggested to press the Windows key on your keyboard
- Then, In the search bar at the bottom left, type Windows Update
- Done with both ways now; select check for updates.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks for Microsoft .NET Framework
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- In the second solution, you are suggested to Press Windows and R keys together to open the Run command.
- Then go for the Search Control Panel and open it
- Now what you have to do is select Programs and Features
- Choose QuickBooks and then choose Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the prompts carefully to complete uninstalling QuickBooks.
Step 2: Rename the Installation folders
- You can also use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to rename the folders or do it manually.
Step 3: Reinstall Your QuickBooks
- In the third step, you are given to download QuickBooks desktop from the official website of Intuit and install it on your system.
The QuickBooks Error code 1601, 1603, and 1642 generally occur due to the problems that occurred while the installation process. Therefore, it becomes very essential to go through the installation process correctly, without any errors, and if it will again cause some kind of QuickBooks errors.
Get Experts help
If the solutions written above are not helpful for you, you can contact our experts at 1800-615-2347 for help. We have the largest team of accounting professionals and also have a couple of certified Pro Advisors who are possibly managing all the errors in less time. Our technical experts are also equipped with modern tools and technology that help fix complicated issues related to QuickBooks errors accounting software.
Read more articles: How to fix QuickBooks Could Not Connect to Email Server? | QuickBooks Database Server Manager Has Stopped Working! How to Rectify It? | What Is A Software Development Company,And How Can You Find One That You Like In Singapore?