HP Printer is the best fit for quality printouts at an affordable cost. However, it is also a harsh truth that, like other devices, HP Printer throws several error messages during the print job. One of the most frequent problems that occur is HP Printer Offline even without any apparent reason. Many times, your printer says offline while you print some of your important documents if it is not properly connected to your Windows system. Fortunately, there is a proactive solving trick that could lead you to get out your printer online from its offline mode. Let’s continue reading this blog to learn how you will get your printer back online.
Actual Reasons For The Occurrence Of HP Printer Offline
Looking to know Why Does My HP Printer Is Offline? Here you go! We’ve compiled a number of possible reasons that may be responsible for your printers to be offline. Let’s have a glimpse of the following listed causes:
- Use Offline Printer that is probably selected on your Windows PC.
- Maybe your HP Printer is not set as the default printer.
- The printer driver is probably out-of-date or a faulty driver is installed.
- HP Printers show offline if Printer Spooler Settings are not properly configured.
- Wire connection problems may also trigger the HP Printers Offline issue.
- Network connection errors can also be the big reason behind printers displaying an offline error.
Finally, you got to know why your HP Printers show offline when you print something. Now, let’s take one step ahead to convert your HP Printer Offline into online. Stay tuned!
Proactive Guide To Fix HP Printer Offline Issue
Beneath, we’ve clearly explained the troubleshooting methods that can aid you to resolve your HP Printer Offline problem. So, if you are currently in a situation where your HP Printers keep going offline, just go through the instructions given in the beneath section. The proffered guidelines will be effective in a way to turn your printer online soon. Let’s begin to follow!
Guide 1: Make Sure The “Use Printer Offline” Status Is Not Selected
Yes! Of course! Your printer will be offline if the status “Use Printer Offline” is checked on your PC. Thus, it is very crucial to first check this mode, and confirm that the checkbox is not ticked. Here’s how you will be able to identify the same:
- First, give a single click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Then, select the “Settings” tab.
- Afterward, place a tap on the “Devices” option and then click “Printer and Scanners.”
- Now, from the appeared list of printers, choose “HP Printer” that you use and then hit a right-click on it.
- Thereafter, from the menu, uncheck the option of “Use Printer Offline”.
- Now, your HP printer will come back into the “Online” state from its “Offline” mode.
You can now start printing with your HP Printer device to ensure the HP Printer Offline problem has been sorted out. If unfortunately, the printer is still offline, apply the next fixing guide.
Guide 2: Make Sure HP Printer Is Chosen “Set As Default Printer”
Let’s implement the following noted course of action if your HP Printers Is Offline:
- First, press the “Windows logo + R” keys on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “Control Panel” in the search field and then press the “OK” button.
- Afterward, give a click on the “Device and Printer” option.
- After doing so, you will see your HP printer is listed in the appeared list of printers.
- If your printer has a green checkmark, it confirms that your printer is already “Set As Default”.
- If your printer has no green checkmark, put a right-click on the icon of your HP printer and click the option of “Set as a default printer”.
- Now, your printer will successfully work and the HP Printer Offline problem will no longer be visible.
But, if yet the printer is in offline mode, apply the next fixing guide.
Guide 3: Remove Or Update HP Printer Driver
It is our strong recommendation to you to seriously check your printer driver. If the driver installed against your HP Printer is out-of-date, make it update first. Or, if the corrupt driver is installed on your PC, remove it first and thereafter try to fresh install it again properly. Follow the below-noted steps to update or reinstall the printer driver on your computer:
- First, open the Windows Search box.
- Locate the “Device Manager” option and click on it.
- Now, expand the section where it says “Printers”.
- Afterward, from the expanded section, locate your exact printer’s model number and then give a right-click on it.
- Next, tap on the “Update Driver” option.
- After that, click on the option of “Search Automatically” and then wait for your printer driver to update.
- Once the process is completely done, restart your computer.
- If you want to re-install your driver, then open the ‘control panel’ and click on the ‘remove programs’ tab and uninstall your existing HP printer driver. Thereafter download your printer’s driver directly from HP’s official website and install it by following the on-screen prompted instructions.
After your update or reinstall your HP Printer driver, you can begin your printing task. If still HP Printer Offline, don’t feel blue! We are here to assist you with ultimate solving techniques. You only have to give us a call at the 24×7 opened helpline number. One of the massively talented tech specialists will answer your call and provide you with suitable guidance to bring your offline printers back online.