The QuickBooks printing issue can force users to stop their important work. This problem is very annoying, however, you can fix it with the help of some simple troubleshooting steps. If you are using QuickBooks and getting a print error, this guide can help you to fix the issue. Here we are going to share the easy instructions that can help to fix QuickBooks won’t print problem.
Possible Reasons Behind Quickbooks Won’t Print Issue
There are numerous reasons why users encounter QuickBooks won’t print problems. Some of the most common reasons are:
- You may have turned off the printer.
- The paper tray is empty.
- Printer offline error.
- File format issue.
- Incorrect local or network settings.
How to fix QuickBooks won’t print error?
Check the Functioning of Your Printer
You can use a Notepad to check the functioning of your printing device outside the QuickBooks application.
- Open the Notepad.
- Click on the files.
- Select a different option.
- Select your printer and click on the print option.
Run the Quickbooks Pdf Repair Tool and Rename the Quickbooks File
If you are able to take printouts through notepad, you need to QuickBooks PDF repair tool and rename the QuickBooks file. This will help you to troubleshoot the common printing problems you are having with your QuickBooks application.
- To rename the file, search for the location named as QBPrint.qbp.file.
- If you are using the Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 version, access the “C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 20xx. Here the 26 represents the QuickBooks version.
In some cases, you may need to look for a specific file or folder. You can search for these files and folders in the windows option.
- Right-click on the QBPrint.qbp.file.
- Select the rename option.
- Use “old” as the file suffix.
- Open the QuickBooks.
- Go to the file section.
- Select printer setup.
- Select any transaction from the “form name” list and click on the ok button.
Set the Printer on the Network or Local Settings
- You need to verify your printer settings.
- Check whether your printing device is present on the network or not.
- If your printer is in a Local setting then something is wrong with your system.
- Check and make sure that your printer and computer are properly connected to each other.
Change the File Format
There are chances that your QuickBooks won’t print due to an unsupported file format. It is recommended to change the file format and see if things work. Try to take printouts of single and smaller batches. Make sure that you are using the updated printer drivers.
We hope that after following these easy instructions you would able to troubleshoot QuickBooks won’t print problems on your device. If you are still having problems printing the documents, it is recommended to contact the QuickBooks error support team for expert assistance.
The professionals can help you to identify the root cause of the problem and share the instant solution to fix the error. You can call the experts at any time of the day, the professionals are available around the clock to help the users in finding the best possible solution to their problems, and make their QuickBooks experience better than before.