Pranayama for low bp: In today’s time the problem of blood pressure has become common. Some people are facing high BP and some are facing low BP. BP gets low due to stress, hectic life. It is also called hypotension. Symptoms such as fainting, blurred vision, vomiting, fatigue, shortness of breath and loss of concentration may be seen when BP is low. But low BP can be controlled. For this you can practice some pranayama.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join an Online Yoga Teacher Training Course.
Diseases due to low blood pressure:
Due to low blood pressure, the supply of blood to the lungs, brain and kidneys is not possible. Because of this the organs are unable to function properly. Low blood pressure also causes heart attack and brain stroke. Anemia, heart diseases, blood infection, dehydration, thyroid and stress can also be due to low BP. If a person’s blood pressure reading is less than 80 and 60, then he falls in the category of low blood pressure.
Pranayama for low blood pressure:
1. Kapalbhati method
Doing Kapalbhati is very beneficial for health. It helps to cure all diseases related to the stomach. The body gets many benefits from Kapalbhati. Learn how to do Kapalbhati-
- To do Kapalbhati, first sit in Sukhasana on a yoga mat.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Now place both the palms on the knee towards the sky.
- After that take a long deep breath.
- While exhaling, draw the stomach inwards.
- You can do this pranayama according to your ability.
- By doing this pranayama regularly, the blood pressure will remain under control.
2. Bhastrika Pranayama Steps
- To do Bhastrika Pranayama, you must first sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- During this, keep your back, neck, waist and spine absolutely straight.
- Keep the body steady. Now breathe while making sound through both the nostrils.
- After that exhale while making a sound.
- You can practice this pranayama continuously for 10-15 minutes.
3. Method of Bhramari Pranayama
- To do Bhramari Pranayama, first you sit in Padmasana or Siddhasana.
- Close both your eyes.
- After this, close the ear with both your thumbs.
- Place your index finger on the forehead. Keep the rest of the fingers on the eyes.
- Now close your mouth and take long deep breaths.
- Make a humming sound while exhaling.
- Practicing this will improve low BP.
4. Ujjayi Pranayama Steps
- Ujjayi Pranayama is very beneficial for low BP patients.
- To do this, first of all, lay a mat in a quiet environment.
- Sit in meditation posture on this. Close your eyes.
- During this, keep your spine straight, take a long breath through your nose.
- Then open the mouth and exhale while exhaling the sound of ‘ha’.
- You can repeat this exercise many times.
5. Udgeeth Pranayama benefits
- To do Udgeeth Pranayama, first sit in Sukhasana.
- Now take a long breath and release it.
- In this, you have to chant Om while exhaling.
- Exhale while exhaling the sound of Ommam.
- This process can be repeated 10-15 times.
You can also do Shashakasana, Konasana, Tiryak Tadasana, Tadasana and Surya Namaskar to control BP. Before doing any pranayama and yoga asana, definitely take the opinion of a yoga expert. But if even this does not make a difference, then definitely consult a doctor.