Stop panicking if your QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped working. It is a pretty common issue that major QuickBooks users encounter. The problem with incurring it is that you will not be able to run your company file in multi-user mode. Furthermore, it might have happened due to the damaged QB application. As a result, in this detailed blog, we are going to focus on the major info about the subject, such as the causes and two debugging methods.
Get instant assistance from our team of pro advisors if the QBDBSM does not run on your device. Dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect with any one of our members.
Top Factors That Lead to Unresponsive QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Go through the enlisted points given further in order to understand the major causes of the technical problem in detail-
- The Windows Firewall might be imposing some restrictions on the QBDBSM to run on your desktop.
- If the version of QuickBooks installed on your computer system has been severely damaged or corrupted, you probably incur the issue.
For fixing methods, proceed to the next part of the article.
You may read also : QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing
What are the Ways Via Which I Can Function the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
To fix the error, refer to the fixing methods that we have tried to explain in this part of the blog-
SOLUTION 1: Exclude the QuickBooks Database Server Manager From Windows Firewall
- In the first place, access the ‘Run’ dialog box. To open it, hit the ‘Windows + R’ keys.
- In the box provided, type in ‘Windows Firewall’ and then press the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, in the following window, you will see a list of programs from which you must opt for the ‘Firewall & network connection’.
- Next, from the ‘Advanced Settings’ section, tap on the ‘Inbound Rule’ option and then ‘New Rule’.
Further, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Go to ‘Program Paths’ to remove the exe file.
- Once done, check if the issue has been fixed or not.
SOLUTION 2: Resolve the Glitch By Fixing the Installed QuickBooks Desktop
- Initiate the process by opening the Run command on your desktop.
- After you press the ‘Windows + R’ keys, enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the text box.
- Now, tap on the ‘OK’ button, and then a list of all the installed applications appears on the screen.
- Once you find the QuickBooks Desktop, click twice on it and then hit the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
- In the next step, press the ‘Continue button and then ‘Next’.
- After choosing the ‘Repair’ option, click ‘Next’.
- Once the program gets repaired, tap on the ‘Finish’ button and open QuickBooks.
We would like to end the blog here. We hope that by now, you must have acquired some useful info about the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager Has Stopped Working’ error. Even though we have tried our best to provide you with the best troubleshooting methods, if you continue to receive the same glitch repeatedly, do not hesitate to direct communication with one of the certified experts by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784. Our professionals are available round the clock to guide its users.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 3371