QuickBooks is a popular online application used by business organizations to safely maintain a plethora of monetary records and financial statements. It provides multiple features to its users which get regularly updated as per the latest technology in the market. However, sometimes these easy updates can be complicated due to some errors. One of which is QuickBooks Error 15271.
QuickBooks error 15271 is a payroll error that occurs while trying to update the payroll feature. When the user is encountered by this error, an error message appears as ‘A payroll update didn’t finish successfully. A File Cannot Be Validated” error.’ We will discuss in detail this error, how it occurs, and what can be done to troubleshoot the problem. However, in case of any issue, you can contact our support team at +1-855-856-0042 for assistance.
Possible Causes for the 15271 Payroll Error
There could be a bunch of reasons that trigger the 15271 payroll error. Some of them are:
1. Outdated QuickBooks application: The QuickBooks application is not up to date as per the latest version.
2. Outdated Payroll details: The payroll tax table is not updated in the QuickBooks
3. Windows Security Settings: Windows Security is not allowing payroll updates in QuickBooks.
4. Incorrect UAC: The Windows User Account Control Settings are not set as per the requirement of the QuickBooks application.
Also see: QuickBooks multi user mode not working
Fixing the 15271 Error in QuickBooks
We have thrown light on the methods that you can easily implement to resolve the 15271 error in QuickBooks. Follow the instructions step-wise to eradicate this error completely.
Solution 1: Install Payroll Update
• Select the Start button from the desktop and choose the Reboot button. While the desktop is rebooting, keep pressing the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options screen appears.
• Select the ‘Safe mode’ and press ‘Enter.’ Now in the safe mode, try to install the Payroll updates. If you are able to update the Payroll in the safe mode, it will indicate that there is some issue in the computer that is creating this error.
Solution 2: Download/ Update the Payroll tax table
• Open QuickBooks and then go to the ‘Employees’ tab. Click on the ‘Get Payroll Updates’ option and choose ‘Download the entire Payroll update.’
• Select the ‘Download the latest version’ and wait till the latest payroll tax table is downloaded.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 179
Solution 3: Turn Off User Account Control
- Click on the Start button on the desktop and in the ‘Search Programs and File’ box type UAC settings or manually search for the User account control settings from the desktop settings.
- Change the user account control settings and drag the slide to ‘Never Notify’ and press on ‘Enter.’
- Restart the computer and try installing the payroll updates to check if it still gets interrupted by the 15271 error.
In this blog, we have illustrated the possible causes and solutions for QuickBooks error 15271. We would like to take a leave in the hope that you would be able to fix this error by following the step-by-step methods mentioned in the article above. In spite of this, if you have any queries you can dial +1-855-856-0042 for assistance.