QuickBooks is a robust bookkeeping software crafted by intuit for efficient accounting and overseeing finance. It manages the cash flow and stores the data, which your accountant can later use. An Accountant copy is an identical copy of your company file created and sent to the accountant after the fiscal period. The accountant uses the file to track all the monetary transactions processed by QuickBooks over the period. The accountant can make necessary changes in the file without affecting your original company file. But if, due to any issues, you find QuickBooks unable to create Accountant’s copy, you needn’t worry because this blog mentions the reasons it’s happening and the ways you can fix it.
Experts are always reachable at 1.855.738.2784 for any help with this issue.
About the issue
QuickBooks can sometimes bother the user while creating an accountant copy using the software. Every time you try to create a copy from your company file, it will show an error message. This issue needs to be resolved quickly as you won’t be able to create or share the file with your accountant, which can affect your business. The software can shut down unexpectedly after prompting this error message in your system.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816
The reasons that make it impossible for you to create an accountant’s copy in QuickBooks are mentioned below-
- The Accountant’s copy cannot be saved in your system because of insufficient storage space.
- QuickBooks is facing compatibility issues with your system because of an outdated windows version.
- The file name has invalid characters or symbols that QuickBooks do not support.
Solution 1- Update the windows version on your computer
QuickBooks is regularly upgraded to be compatible with new OS versions. QuickBooks can face compatibility issues if an older version of Windows runs your computer. Follow the steps to update your windows-
- Go to the search panel located in your Taskbar, or if it isn’t present, open it by clicking the Windows Start button.
- Type ‘windows update’ in the search panel and open Windows Update Settings from the search results.
- In the settings window, click on Check for Updates.
- If your windows suggest any new update, click on Download and Install.
- After the update process is finished, restart your computer and open your QuickBooks.
If you still face issues while creating the accountant’s copy, move to the next solution.
Solution 2- Move the company file to a local hard drive and then create an accountant’s copy
QuickBooks can face problems while creating an accountant’s copy if the company file is located on a network or an external drive. The file source may be currently disconnected, and QuickBooks is facing issues connecting to the company file while creating the copy. Transfer your company file to a local hard drive and then follow the steps below-
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Click on the File option and select Send company file from the drop-down list.
- Now, select Accountant’s copy and then Client Activities.
- Click on Save File and then Next.
- Click on the Accountant copy option and select Next.
- Select Next after setting the dividing rate.
If there are still issues in the software, try the Accountant Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service to send the file to your accountant through QuickBooks directly.
This is the finishing of this blog; we mentioned the reasons why is QuickBooks unable to create Accountant’s copy and the appropriate steps to fix this issue. We expect the blog to assist you with this issue, and you can create the accountant’s copy after using the methods above.
If there are still any issues, talk to a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : QuickBooks Won’t Update