The QuickBooks desktop software offers a platform for its users to store and perform operations on their company files. However, there is a set of errors, the 6000 errors which occur when there’s a problem with the company files. One such error is the QuickBooks error 6190, Which occurs when a user tries to access a company file but is unable to do so as some other user is logged into the same company file in single-user mode. One can try to repair the damaged network data files and TLG files or run the QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix this error. To know about such troubleshooting methods in detail, go through this article until the very end.
If you need to fix QB error 6190 immediately, get in touch with our technical team for assistance by giving us a call at 1-855-856-0042
Reasons that cause the QuickBooks error code 6190 while opening company files
The reasons that could be behind the QuickBooks error code 6190 include:-
- Your company files might have undergone some damage and need to be repaired.
- The download of your QuickBooks software might have been incomplete, for the installation file might have been corrupted.
- Your transaction log file or the .tlg file might differ from your company file.
What are the troubleshooting steps for error code 6190 in QuickBooks?
Error code 6190 in QuickBooks could be fixed using some simple troubleshooting methods, which include:-
Update your QuickBooks desktop software to eliminate all internal errors
Updating your QuickBooks desktop software could be the easiest solution for your problem, and you can do it with these steps:-
- You can update QuickBooks directly from the Helpmenu of the software.
- There you will find the Update QuickBooks Desktop Click on it and then head to the Update Now tab.
- Finally,Get Updates and install the updates after rebooting your system.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6000 106
Rename the network data files under transaction log files to repair them and fix the error
To repair the company files, you will need to rename the network data files and the transaction log files with these steps:-
- Locate and open the folder which contains your company files from theFile Explorer on your computer.
- NowRename all such files with the same name as your company files but with .tlg and .nd
- To rename the files, you need to add.old extensions to them.
- After renaming all the files, check if the error is rectified.
Use the QuickBooks file doctor tool provided in the QuickBooks tool hub to repair company files.
QuickBooks file doctor tool diagnosis and repairs any damage done to company files, and so run it with these steps:-
- Head to the official website ofIntuit and get the latest release of the QuickBooks tool hub on your desktop.
- After opening the QuickBooks tool hub, run theQuickBooks file doctor tool from the section of Company File Issues.
- After the tool runs and repairs your company files, see if the error is rectified.
These are the troubleshooting steps for the QuickBooks error 6190. Though the steps are simple to execute, we recommend reading the article carefully and then executing the steps in the given order. If there are persists after performing all the methods, get immediate support from our technical team at 1-855-856-0042.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 15271