Every now and then QuickBooks has made the user experience better with its the updates and features. But you could possibly face the “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer.” error when you use the QuickBooks in the multi-user mode. There are a number of technical steps involved to solve the issue. QBDBMgrN is an executable process on Windows with an .exe extension, and you can see the process running in the task manager of your computer. In this blog we discuss the causes behind the users coming across QBDBMgrN not running issue and what are easiest way for users to get rid of it.
Why are you encountering the QuickBooks database manager not running error
One of the many reasons that result in the QuickBooks database manager not running error is the firewall preventing the QuickBooks desktop connection with the Intuit server. Some other reasons possible for QBDBMgrN not running on this computer issue have been listed below:
- Incomplete Configuration of the firewall or it might be incorrect.
- The outdated QuickBooks database server manager.
- QuickBooks Network File (.ND files) problems.
- The installation of QB server manager is incomplete.
- The firewall software blocking the QuickBooks access.
- The internet is the reason for the abrupt error occurrence.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15101
How to Resolve the QBDBMgrN not running on this computer 2018?
Solution 1: QuickBooks Desktop application is to be repaired to resolve error of QBDBMgrN not running on this computer 2018.
- With the use of Windows + R from the keyboard, open the Run windows.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the text bar of the run window.
- Hit Enter and find the QuickBooks from the list of installed programs.
- Double-click on the QB application.
- Select the option of Uninstall/Change.
- Select Continue and then click on Next.
- Complete the repair processes after choosing the repair option.
- Click on Finish and then restart the Windows.
Solution 2: Add QBDBMgrN Service to Firewall and its Ports
- Type Windows Firewall in the Search Programs and Files search box from the start button in the desktop.
- Select Windows Firewall from the list of programs.
- Under the Advanced settings right click the Inbound Rules and click on New Rule.
- Under the Programs click Next and select This Program Path.
- Select the QuickBooks file location and click Next.
- Navigate to Allow the Connection and then select Next.
- Check if all the checkboxes are checked and hit Next.
- Type a name for this rule and click Finish.
- To set the outbound rules, repeat the same procedure of setting the Inbound rules.
- Make sure to select Outbound instead of the Inbound this time.
- Exclude QBDBMgrN.exe file located in C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder.
- Save the settings in the firewall and try using QuickBooks once again.
The above troubleshooting steps are a quick fix to the Error “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer.” Yet, the problem can complex for the people encountering this error for the first time or application newbie. In the case of unresolved QuickBooks Database Server Manager, contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors at 1.855.738.2784.