If you are seeking a solution to export Outlook Express contacts to Outlook, then you have landed at the right place. Here, in this write-up, we are going to discuss multiple ways to transfer Outlook Express contacts to Outlook.. You can go through the blog to know the best solutions. Outlook Express is one of the most popular email applications. It is a free and desktop-based email application that supports storing all the data in DBX file format. But, it is no longer in demand because Microsoft doesn’t solve the bugs and errors of the Outlook Express application. Microsoft also launched an application named MS Outlook. This is also an email client with some advanced facilities for users. It stores the data in emails, contacts, tasks, etc. And MS Outlook uses PST file extension to save the data. That’s why most of the users are trying to export contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook.
Transfer Outlook Express Contacts to Outlook Using Automated Technique
DBX to PST Converter Tool is an amazing solution to move Outlook Express contacts to Outlook. Users can safely work with the application, it gives some advanced features to users. You can go through the procedure mentioned below to know the working of the utility:-
- Download the application on your machine
- Open the tool and hit the “Add File” option to add the DBX files
- Use the “Folder Mode” to add any selected folder
- Here, under the export type section, choose the “PST” button and select the “Advanced Settings” feature
- After selecting the advanced settings, the user can set the size of PST documents and can apply the date filter option
- After this hit the “Save” button to save the advanced settings
- Finally, click on the “Export” option to export Outlook Express contacts to Outlook
- In the end, “Export Process Completed Successfully” this message will be pop-up.
Ultimate Features of the Profession Approach
Here, we are going to mention some of the advanced features of this automated tool:-
- Installation of MS Outlook is not required.
- Multiple naming options are provided by the software.
- The tool is available for Windows 10 and MS Outlook.
- Provides a “Date Filter” option to filter out the DBX documents.
- Original formatting is maintained by the software.
- The user gets different previewing modes to view email messages.
Manual Procedure to Export Contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook
Let’s go through the manual process to export Outlook Express contacts to Outlook:-
Step 1:- Transfer Outlook Express Data into DBX Format
Go through the steps mentioned below to transfer Outlook Express contacts to Outlook:-
- Firstly, go and open the MS Outlook application.
- Go to Tools >> Options, select Maintenance Tab >> Store Folder buttons.
- Now, copy the path of the store folder.
- Open the File Explorer, paste the copied store folder path, and tap on the “Enter” button.
- After this, save the DBX documents at your convenience.
- At last, paste the saved documents on a new PC.
Note: – You can also jump to the next part if you already have the documents in DBX file format.
Step 2:- Import Outlook Express DBX Documents to Windows Live Mail Application
- Firstly, Install the Windows Live Mail Application.
- Go to the “File” option and then click on the “Import Messages” option.
- Now, go to the folder in which you have stored the DBX documents.
- Choose the DBX document which you want to export.
- Tap on the “Import” button.
- Click on the “Exit” button.
Step 3:- Export Emails from WLM to MS Outlook Application
Follow the steps to export Outlook Express contacts to Outlook:-
- Re-open the Windows Live Mail Application.
- Hit the “File” button, click on the “Export” option, and then choose the “Message” tab option.
- Now, click on the “Exchange” tab when the dialog box will appear.
- Here, you need to select the documents which you want to transfer from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook.
- Finally, exit from the export screen.
Step 4: Import All the PST Files to MS Outlook Application
- Open the MS Outlook application.
- Hit the “File” option and select the “Import-Export” feature to open the MS Outlook files.
- Go to the folder where you saved the PST documents and click on the “OK” button.
Limitations of the Manual Approach
- Consumes extra time and effort.
- The exporting procedure is not safe.
- Requires good technical knowledge to use this approach.
- Sometimes lead to data loss.
In the above write-up, we have mentioned different techniques to transfer Outlook Express contacts to Outlook. Users can go through the professional as well as the manual procedure to convert Outlook Express files to PST. But we suggest our users opt for the professional technique because the manual method has some drawbacks which we discussed above.