The QuickBooks users encounter many problems, such as H202, H505, or H303, when the important services for QuickBooks Multi-User, such as QBDBMgrn or QBCFMonitorservice, are not working. The QuickBooks multi-user mode could cease working or crash due to these problems. Problems with multi-user mode in QuickBooks desktop need to be resolved at the earliest to cause any further damage.
However, the procedure will become simpler for you, if you implement the guidelines in this post. Just be certain to read the article through to the end.
Also read: QuickBooks Error Code H202
What leads to QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working?
QuickBooks needs a number of distinct components to function properly in multi-user mode, and it won’t if any of these components are damaged. Inconsistent network settings can potentially cause issues with QuickBooks desktop multi-user mode. The potential causes of QuickBooks Multi-user Mode not working include the following:
- If QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server PC, the issue can occur.
- The multi-user mode won’t work in QuickBooks if the network hosting setup is off.
- If the Firewall is obstructing computer network connectivity.
- Incorrectly set permissions for files or folders.
- QuickBooks’ multi-user mode cannot operate when the database server is unable to open the company file.
Measures to Rectify QuickBooks multi-user mode not Working
Let’s examine the numerous techniques for resolving the multi-user issue in QuickBooks desktop:
1st Method: Employ the QuickBooks Tool Hub
If a user is unable to switch to QuickBooks multi-user mode, debugging should be started using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Observe the comprehensive directions below:
- Close the QuickBooks application.
- Download the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub
- To install the tool Hub utility on your computer, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub program for 64 Bit must be installed if you are using a 64-Bit operating system.
- If a broken component is the cause of the issue with your Program, you must first try QuickBooks Quick fix my software.
- Launching the Intuit Tool Hub is necessary at this point.
- Then, hit on the “Program Problems” in the left navigation pane.
- From the menu, hit on “Quick Fix My Program.”
- Tap on the “OK” button after the process is complete.
- The subsequent steps should be followed if the QuickBooks fast fix my application is unsuccessful.
- In the “Company File Issues” area, hit on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool” button.
- You may find your company file by using the “Browse and Search” button.
- From the menu, choose “Check your file” and tap on “Continue.”
- Enter your password when prompted, then hit on “Next.”
- It will then begin the scanning process, which depends on the size of your files and takes time. When QuickBooks multi-user aborts occur linked to company files, the software runs to automatically locate and correct them. If the problem is still present after the scan is complete, make sure the folder permissions are properly set.
2nd Method: In the Server PC, verify the Folder Permissions
To enable viewing by other networked systems, the company File should be stored in directories with the proper permissions. Follow the guidelines below to ensure the folder permissions are set up properly.
- Open ‘’Windows Explorer’’ on your server computer.
- Click the right mouse button to choose the company file folder.
- Click the “Properties” button to see the “Security” tab.
- Choose “QBDataServiceUserXX” under “Advanced.”
- Click the menu item marked “Edit.”
- Allow all necessary settings.
3rd Method: Edit the QBWuser.ini File
You can try the alternate Method by following the steps indicated below if using the standard techniques to enter the multi-user mode in QuickBooks results in error.
- Navigate to and type the location to get to the Appdata folder.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop version is located at “C:/Users (username)/AppData/Local/Intuit.”
- You must, however, unhide the hidden File if you can’t locate the AppData folder in the users’ folder.
- Search for the MULTIUSERMODE.
- Set the value of the Multiuser mode line to Y (MULTIUSERMODE=Y).
- Use the keys “Ctrl + S” to save the ini file.
- Right now, be careful to enter multi-user mode via the conventional Method.
4th Method: Verify if Host multi-user access is on the Server
- From the “File” menu, choose “Utilities.”
- From the menu, choose “Host Multi-User Access.”
- Press the “Yes” button to agree to the changes.
- Important: Ensure that the Host multi-user mode is turn off for all workstations to prevent receiving the HXXX series Error code.
5th Method: Set .OLD extension for ND and TLG File
The Company File name with the QBW extension should be incorporated with an .OLD extension at the end. In this context, you need to look for the Company File names with the format QBW.ND and QBW.TLG, and you can rename these file extensions by following the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the default location of the company file.
- You can find Intuit, QuickBooks, and Company File in the folder “C:/Users/Public/ Documents.”
- Right now, right-tap the .ND and.TLG files.
- Incorporate the .OLD extension in each File by hitting on “rename.”
- Start up QuickBooks in multi-user mode after restarting the PC.
We hope the QuickBooks multi-user not working error can get resolve after going through and implementing the numerous solutions contained in this article. We hope the problem will sort out in your QuickBooks. It is a advise that you contact our QuickBooks error support specialists if the issue still pervades.