Do you want to apply for the Family Pact program and want to know about the perks? Read the following write-up and gain awareness about every piece of information, whether it be Family Pact renewal, eligibility criteria, or anything else.
From registering candidacy to the eligibility criteria and even the queries around Family Pact renewal, there are many elements of the Family Pact program that often tends to confuse individuals a lot. If I’m not guessing it wrong, you’ve also made your way here, seeking something similar. Well, I must say, you’re browsing the right destination as I’m about to unfold the process of the Family Pact program in depth.
Family Pact Program: What is it all About?
The Family Pact program, just as the name suggests, is a structured approach to help widen the benefits of family planning. It is an initiative run by the State Government. The individuals living under the poverty line (or whose earnings sit on the lower end) are offered free family planning services. From the number of children to the timing, spacing, and even the steps towards better reproductive health, the list of services covers spreading awareness on everything that a promising family planning demands.
Family Pact Program: Who is it For?
When we talk about family planning, it is a must-take service for almost any family. But speaking of the Family Pact program, the same is limited to only a section. Not everyone has the finances or adequate knowledge, which is why the California government came up with this innovative approach. To understand better, walk through the list of criteria that make someone eligible for the program.
- The candidate must be a citizen of California (with a living address proof)
- They must have ab annual income that either equals or is less than 200% of the ones under the federal poverty guideline.
- The concerned individual should not have any prior health insurance or similar kind of coverage along the lines of family planning.
- The need for family planning needs should be crucial.
Family Pact Program: The Benefits
Once you get the Family Pact card, here is the list of benefits that you can enjoy.
- Awareness of the contraception control methods. It involves the usage of condoms alongside the NuvaRing, the pills, and also the Depo Provera.
- Awareness and access to the morning after pills, popular as the Plan B
- Professional-level IUD’s and Sterilization
- Professional Contraceptive Implant (on referral)
- Free of cost pregnancy testing and periodic counseling
- Primary reproductive visits
- Sexual health checkups
- Testing the likes of STDs (both men and women)
- Treating STDs (both men and women)
- HIV testing and counseling
- Woman-based testings that include Colposcopy, Gyno Pap Smear.
- The Pelvic Exams
- Birth control techniques (Free counseling and awareness education)
- Addressing Vaginal complaints
Family Pact Program: The Application Process
Applying for the Family Pact program is as easy as you can wish it to be. No matter what level of expertise you bag, getting yourself a Family Pact card won’t take much out of you.
- Step 1: The first step is going through the eligibility list above and confirming a green signal for you.
- Step 2: Visit any designated clinic and confront the staff there. They will ask you some questions in order to find whether you’re the right candidate for the Family Pact Program or not.
- Step 3: On completing the interrogation part, the staff will provide you with the Client Eligibility Certification form, also known as the CEC form. You’ll need to fill that out. In case you find trouble at any stage, consult the person who provides you with the form.
- Step 4: Submit and wait for the approval. Usually, the CEC form gets same-day approval. If not, the staff will inform you about that.
After your submitted form gets approved and you list your name among the Family PACT clients, you’ll start enjoying all the above-mentioned benefits. The benefits alongside the usual family planning services are offered for the next one year until the income alters and shifts towards the better end.
Keep in mind that before your application as a client gets finalized, the Family PACT program might even your needs for three months in advance.
Family Pact Renewal: The Validity
After successfully acquiring the Family Pact, most of the individuals are seen concerned about its validity. In case you’re wondering about the Family Pact renewal period as well, here is the information you must know.
An acquired Health Access Programs card, lats for only 12 months, aka one year. Although you can opt for Family Pact renewal after 12 months, it is recommended to apply for the same 2 months before ensuring you continue enjoying the benefits without any gap in between. Once the period is over, renewal is the only way to get the card back on operational terms.
Since 1997, the number of individuals living under the poverty line has increased significantly, and so does the accessibility to family planning services through the Family Pact program. The evergreen benefits of family planning aren’t limited to the personal level but stretch and enhance the social-economic life greatly.
That wraps up today’s session on the Family Pact program. Here, you learned what the program is all about, the eligibility criteria, and how it works. In addition to these, I’ve made sure to highlight brief information about Family Pact Renewal. Overall, a one-stop destination for all the demanding resources.