Do you know how to recover data from a formatted flash drive? Formatting a flash drive often does not permanently delete data, and lost data is easy to recover. The following content will show you how to recover lost files from formatted flash drive, memory card, flash drive, etc.
Overview of Data Recovery from a Formatted Flash Drive
“Hello! I asked a question in the hope that someone could help me recover lost data from a formatted flash drive. After you remove the flash drive from the computer, the flash drive is inaccessible. He asked me to style it. I pressed the format button. by accident. This is so stupid. I tried to recover files from a flash drive using CMD but had no luck. How can I try to recover files from a damaged formatted flash drive?”
Formatting a partition is a good solution if you want to quickly delete everything, change the file system type (for example, change from NTFS to FAT32), repair a damaged partition, etc. However, all files will subsequently be deleted.
Does formatting a flash drive permanently delete files? Is it possible to retrieve a file from a formatted pen drive? Quick answer: You can recover a formatted flash drive. A quick format does not permanently delete data, and in most cases, data can be recovered in three ways: data recovery software, flash drive backup, and recovery services.
Can Data Be Recovered from Formatted Pen Drive? Manual Trick
After learning about the causes of data corruption on a pen drive, you may be wondering how to recover deleted data from a flash drive. So just check out the methods below.
Method 1: Use the Command Line
This method was chosen because its use does not require downloading third-party tools. This is also the most effective and easiest way to recover data from a flash drive. However, it has a small limitation: not all users like the command-line process.
CMD, formally known as Command Prompt, is a built-in Windows feature that allows you to perform many tasks using simple commands. Here’s how to recover deleted data from a flash drive using CMD.
- Connect the flash drive to your computer.
- Now press Win + R, type “cmd,” and press Enter.
- Type “chkdsk A:f” and press Enter. The flash drive will begin scanning.
Note: Here, A is used to indicate the name of the flash drive in the system.
- After scanning the flash drive, enter “ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /DA A:*.*” and press Enter.
- When the whole process is completed, you will find the deleted data on the flash drive.
Method 2: Use Technology to Restore Previous Versions
Another useful way to recover deleted files from a pen drive is the Restore Previous Versions method. This method allows you to recover deleted files without using third-party software. However, this method is only ideal if the feature is activated before data loss. Here’s how to do it.
- Connect USB to the computer.
- Go to this PC, right-click the pen drive and select Properties.
- On the Menu tab, click Previous Versions and check the available recovery options.
- Choose the specified previous edition or version and click Restore.
If a previous version is not available, the data cannot be restored using this method. In this case, you need to turn to third-party tools that can quickly recover deleted data from a flash drive.
Can Data Be Recovered from Formatted Pen Drive? Using Expert Solution
SysTools Pen Drive File Recovery Tool is a special tool designed to recover deleted files or lost data from Flash disks. It is integrated with an intelligent algorithm that allows you to recover all files stored on your computer. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you understand how this tool works.
- Ease of Use: The user-friendly interface makes it easy to recover data from flash drives, and you won’t have any problems with this program. An on-screen wizard will guide you through the entire recovery process.
- 100% secure: no viruses and read-only access. So you won’t have to worry about whether the recovery will affect your computer or whether your files will be lost. if you also want to retrieve files from a corrupted SSD, then you can use SSD Recovery Tool
- The first screen of the Pen Drive Recovery Wizard after download and installation.
- Select the pen device and click the Scan or Formatted Scan button.
- Check the preview of recovered files and folders in the pen drive recovery panel.
- Save the recovered files from your pen drive anywhere.
We store some files on external drives, especially when we need to move sensitive data to another location, and a pen drive is a great tool that is easy to carry in your pocket. However, if the data is deleted, it will be difficult to recover. So, in this article, we have mentioned some useful methods to recover deleted data from a pen flash drive. Moreover, we have also mentioned a third tool that you can use to recover deleted files from Windows.
Read More: Where Do Files Go When Deleted from Flash Drive?