Many Windows users wonder how to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive easily. While there are many expensive software and tools, you can also find free applications such as Rufus download.
The easiest way to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive is to get Rufus downloaded to your computer. At the same time, make sure that the version of Windows tally with the version of Rufus software. For more information, you can visit the official Rufus download website online.
What are the features of Windows 10?
Windows 10 is one of the most successful versions released by Windows. A number of unique and user-friendly features are introduced with the release of Windows 10. Some of them are,
- The new Start menu
- Using enhanced search options
- Advanced widgets
- Teaming up with Teams
- Handling Windows 11 updates
- Task View and virtual desktops
- Snap Layouts
- Quick Settings and notifications
- Using Windows 11 on a tablet or 2-in-1
- Minor changes and missing features
- Handy keyboard shortcuts, touchpad gestures, and touchscreen gestures
What is a bootable USB drive?
A bootable USB drive is a USB drive or disk that contains a bootable program that takes control of the computer. Various tools, software, and applications are available to create a bootable USB drive.
Computers are usually configured to search for the operating system on a CD or DVD and then the hard drive or SSD. Most early computers do not have that option, but you can configure the computer to find the USB drive first.
Rufus download is one of the best applications you can install to create an effective bootable USB drive.
Types of USB drives
USB drives are mostly used as an external storage devices. But there are several other functions of USB drives. Therefore, the function of the USB drive defines the different types of USB drives. You can also USB drives to get Rufus download.
- Security Flash Drive.
- Music Flash Drive.
- The Boot Flash Drive.
- Credit Card Hard Drive.
- Keychain USB Flash Drive.
- Wristband Flash Drive.
- Branded USB Flash Drive.
- “Dummy Head” USB Devices.
How to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive?
You can find several ways and methods to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive. Following are the easiest and simplest steps you can follow to create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive using Rufus download.
- Step 1 – The first step is to insert a Rufus download bootable USB drive to a running computer.
- Step 2 – Second you should open a command prompt window as an administrator.
- Step 3 – And then type ‘Diskpart.’
- Step 4 – When the command line window opens, type ‘list disk’ and then click the ENTER button. The list disk command will now show all disks on the computer. Then you have to show the driver number or driver letter on the USB flash drive.
- Step 5 – At the command prompt, you must type ‘select disk <X>’, where X stands for the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive, and then click ENTER to proceed with the Rufus download.
- Step 6 – Next type ‘clean’, and then click ENTER. By doing so all the data in the USB drive will be deleted.
- Step 7 – Then you have to create a new primary partition on the USB flash drive, type ‘create partition primary, and then click ENTER.
- Step 8 – Type ‘select partition 1’, and click the ENTER button. Now you can easily select the partition you just created using Rufus download.
- Step 9 – Next type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’, and then click ENTER to format the partition.
- Step 10 – And then type ‘active’, and then click ENTER.
- Step 11 – Finally type ‘exit’, and then click ENTER to continue with the Rufus download.
- Step 12 – And then you should finish preparing the custom image and save it to the root of the USB flash drive. And now you have successfully created a bootable USB drive using Rufus download.
About Rufus download
Rufus is a utility that helps format and creates bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pen drives, memory sticks, etc. This program only works with Windows, but for software installation, Rufus Download can create ISOs that operate on Linux, Mac, and other operating systems.
Rufus download is also used to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.), to work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed, to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS, and to run a low-level utility.
Rufus Download is the most popular USB bootable tool because it can make more than one boot in one drive then you can create a lot of boot files in one drive.
Rufus download app summary
- Latest version: 3.17
- Last Updated: October 25th, 2021
- License: Freeware
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- File size: 13.2 MB
- Downloads: 14.3 M
- Author :
- Primary language: English
Features of Rufus download
- Adds a deep directory to Rock Ridge
- To write small ISOs to an ESP (GPT only) add an option
- A cheat mode (Ctrl-SELECT) is introduced to extract material from an external zip folder over the ISO
- To disable the Virtual Hard Disk Collection, add a cheat mode (Alt-G)
- To convert a GPT ESP to Basic Data add a cheat mode (Alt-P) (Windows 10 only)
- Fix x86 32-bit NTFS driver which is used for UEFI: NTFS
- Enhance UEFI: NTFS compatibility with existing UEFI firmware
- Improve startup time by running a background check of the ISO download features
- Delete splash screen from Ubuntu for persistent UEFI drives
- Allow Rufus download bootable USB free executable with ASLR
Not all software used to create a USB bootable drive has all the above features. But Rufus download carries a number of features and is working on providing top-notch services to the users.
More advanced versions of Rufus download are yet to arrive in the near future. Do not think twice to get Rufus download because it is one of the best utilities you can have for free.