Sometimes when using QuickBooks, one comes across an unrecoverable error. QuickBooks Unrecoverable errors are standard errors that occur in a variety of scenarios such as when opening a file on QuickBooks or when printing a file out of QuickBooks Desktop. While common, they can lead to a loss of time and data on the part of the user. This article covers some reasons behind these errors and a few common ways to troubleshoot an unrecoverable error.
If you have encountered an unrecoverable error and need professional help to resolve it, you can reach out to our team of certified experts at 1.855.738.2784.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Before one can try to resolve an error, it is important to know what caused the error in the first place. This helps you avoid coming across the error again. Here are a few reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Errors-
- You are missing updates for QuickBooks.
- You are missing updates for Windows.
- You have data that is damaged,
- You have a program code that is in need of repairs.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Fatal Error
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
This section contains some troubleshooting methods for this error. We recommend you follow these steps precisely to avoid any loss of data or time.
Solution One- You should try running Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix my Program is a feature found on QuickBooks Tools Hub that will shut down any background processes QuickBooks might be using and run a quick repair on the program. Thus, it will make sure that there are no errors in the program. To use Quick Fix My Program, do the following-
- To begin with, you should download and install the latest version of QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- You should click on the Program Problems tab from the left side of the screen.
- Choose Quick Fix My Program next and let it run.
If the error is still there, proceed to solution two.
Solution Two- Opening and check a sample company file
Once you open a sample company file, you can identify errors with the company files and QuickBooks. This knowledge of where the error lies can help us resolve it. The steps to open a sample file are as follows-
- On QuickBooks Desktop, you should head to the No Company Open Window
- Then, you should click on Open a sample file.
- Next, you should select one sample from the list.
- If the sample file opens, it means that your company file might be damaged or is saved in a folder that is damaged.
This means to resolve the error, you have to copy your company file to a different location. Here are the steps to do so-
- Begin by creating a new folder on your Desktop and naming it QBTEST.
- You should now copy your company file from the folder where it is saved.
- Next, you should paste the file into the newly created QQBTEST folder.
- Finally, you should try to open the file from the QBTEST folder.
If the error persists after following the above steps, you can try to use a recent backup to restore your file. However, that is an advanced troubleshooting method. To get professional help with QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error, you can contact our team of certified experts at 1.855.738.2784.