Installation errors are the most common and annoying among all the errors that users face while working on QuickBooks. In this blog, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 that prompts up while activating and opening QuickBooks Desktop. The error code is accompanied by a message that says, “Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.” Continue reading other sections of the blog to understand the root causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve error 3371 in QuickBooks.
If you are not willing to resolve QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 by yourself, get connected with the QuickBooks technical support team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Triggers for QuickBooks error 3371 new hard drive
Below are common prominent causes that give rise to the installation error:
- The user has entered an incorrect license number while registering the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Windows operating system and QuickBooks are not updated to the latest releases.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6209
Three Effective Methods to Fix error 3371 in QuickBooks
Method 1. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer to run the Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close your data file, exit the QuickBooks Desktop application and visit Intuit’s website.
- Download the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save the setup file to an easily accessible location.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the saved location, follow the on-screen instructions and click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox
- You will see the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your Windows Desktop once the installation completes.
- Locate the icon, and double-click the icon to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When the tool hub opens, go to the Installation Issues and click Run Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait till it runs and resolves install errors, restart QuickBooks and open the company file.
Method 2. From the QB Tool Hub, make use of 3371 Error Fix
- Go back to the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Click 3371 Error Fix, select OK and let it run to resolve issues within QuickBooks.
- Once it fixes the issues, restart QuickBooks and open the company file.
Method 3. Fix the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file of QuickBooks
- Quit the QuickBooks Desktop application, open the Windows Start menu and enter Run within the search field.
- Tap the Enter key. When the Run box opens, enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and select OK.
- Search for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file from the folder and right-click it.
- Click Delete and then Yes to confirm. Once done, open QuickBooks application and the company file.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and register the QuickBooks Desktop application.
If the above troubleshooting solutions doesn’t help you fix the error, clean install the QuickBooks Desktop application and install the latest Windows Update.
These all were the most effective troubleshooting methods to rectify QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118. Hopefully, they will help you troubleshoot the issue. If you need any help, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with certified QuickBooks professionals.