The QuickBooks software aids businesses in effectively managing their payroll. However, while attempting to download payroll updates or upgrade the QuickBooks software, users may get QuickBooks error 15271. The payroll could not be successfully updated due to a file that could not be validated according to this error. Such an error needs to be instantly corrected because it could cause the workflow to stall and delay payroll processes. You can try disabling User Account Control in Windows or updating QuickBooks after restarting it to see if it resolves the issue. Make sure you read this post all the way through since it will walk you through the procedures you must do if this problem happens.
Give us a call at 1.855.738.2784 to speak with a member of our technical staff about getting instant help with QB Error 15271.
Why is QuickBooks error code 15271 displayed on your computer screen?
When a file cannot be validated, QuickBooks will generate error code 15271. However, there may be several factors that contribute to it, such as the following:-
- Your QuickBooks software may have been corrupted or downloaded in parts.
- Your system’s windows registry may have been damaged due to a change to QuickBooks.
- Contagious malware may have infiltrated your QuickBooks software.
How do you quickly fix the 15271 error code in QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks error code 15271 could be very troublesome. However, you can fix it using these basic techniques:
For the time being, disable User Account Control in your windows.
Your computer and operating system are protected from several attacks by the UAC or user account control. However, to resolve this issue, you must briefly disable the UAC by following these steps: –
- Move to the User Account settings in the Control Panel on your computer.
- You may now modify the user account control settings from here.
- You must change the slider to Never Notify in order to disable the UAC.
- Finally, restart your computer and attempt again to update payroll.
- Once the error has been rectified, make sure to turn the UAC settings back on so that your computer continues to be protected.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 40003
You can manually update your QuickBooks desktop software or download the most recent upgrades online.
Your issue can have immediate fix by updating your QuickBooks. QuickBooks updates can be made using any of the following techniques: –
- By selecting the update now tab from the Help menu, you can directly update QuickBooks from the desktop version of the software. Prior to choosing the Get Updates option, make sure to Reset Updates.
- Alternatively, after running QuickBooks as an administrator, you can update QuickBooks manually from the No Company Open Screen’s Help option.
- You may also obtain QuickBooks updates online by visiting the downloads and updates page of Intuit’s official website.
These are the quick fixes for QuickBooks Error 15271. They are simple but effective. We advise following the same order as described in this article and carefully reviewing the steps before carrying them out. After following the procedures, if the error persists, contact our technical staff at 1.855.738.2784 for immediate assistance.
You may read also: QuickBooks Crashes When Opening Company File