QuickBooks error 6000 77 usually takes place when a user tries to access a company file. The user receives the error accompanied by a message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).” Some quick fixes to rectify error 6000 77 are running QuickBooks with elevated permissions and changing the location of the company file. Move to the next section of the blog to know what gives rise to QuickBooks error message 6000 77 and quick resolutions to fix it.
If you want to connect directly with the QuickBooks support team to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77, give a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and have words with them
What are the main triggers of QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
Following are some of the causes that lead to company file error 6000 77 in QuickBooks:
- The company file is stored on the external storage device and QuickBooks can’t access it.
- Presence of damaged or corrupted company file in QuickBooks folder.
- The user has not chosen the correct method to open the company fille
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6000 832
Effective Solutions to Fix QuickBooks company file error 6000 77
Solution 1. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and repair company file damage issues by running File Doctor
- Once all the company files are closed, quit the QuickBooks application and open the Start menu.
- Open Intuit’s website on your browser and download the setup file of the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Once the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file downloads completely, save it to a location you can easily access, like your Windows Desktop.
- Open the downloaded file, follow the on-screen steps and click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox. This will finish the installation process and the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will be visible on the desktop.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon, choose the Company File Issues tab and click File Doctor.
- Pick your company file from the drop-down. If you can’t see your file, click Browse and search it on your computer.
- Further, mark the Check your file option, click Continue and enter login details.
- Wait till the File Doctor starts and repairs the company file.
Solution 2. Use the correct path to open the company file in QuickBooks
- Move to desktop, right-click the QuickBooks icon, then tap and hold the Ctrl key.
- Select the Run as administrator option, hold down the Ctrl key until you see the No Company Open window.
- Go to the File menu, choose Open or Restore Company and select Open a company file option.
- From the left pane of the window, choose Network and move to the company file location.
- From there, pick the company file you want to open and select Open.
If the above-mentioned solutions doesn’t work, try these alternatives:
- Create the damaged QuickBooks folder again.
- Reset Firewall and Internet security settings.
- Try recreating the damaged .tlg and .nd QuickBooks configuration files by renaming.
The solutions mentioned in the blog are the most effective and will surely help you overcome QuickBooks error 6000 77. If you face difficulty following the steps, get connected with the QuickBooks technical support team for direct assistance by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also: QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036