QuickBooks is a well-built accounting application with various advanced features. But, there are some problems that interrupt users like even after several attempts, QuickBooks won’t open sometimes. It usually happens QuickBooks registration process is not conducted properly or the hard drive containing QuickBooks program files is damaged. Reading this entire blog will brief you on causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error, so stay connected until the end.
If you are wondering why QuickBooks won’t open after several attempts and need assistance to fix it, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the QuickBooks technical support team
What are the root causes that bring up QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start error?
Following are the reasons causing the QuickBooks issue:
- QuickBooks installation is damaged and faulty.
- The Windows operating system you are using is not updated or damaged.
recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6073
Quick Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error
Method 1. Get QB Tool Hub and make use of Quick Fix my Program to fix QuickBooks won’t open issue
- Make sure all the company files are closed, then quit QuickBooks and open Intuit’s website to download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- After downloading the file, you will be prompted to save it. We suggest saving it to an easily accessible location.
- From the saved location, open the file and follow the on-screen instructions. Also, agree to the terms and conditions to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When the install finishes, locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and double-click it.
- From the tool hub, select the Program Problems tab and select Quick Fix my Program.
- Let the tool repair the program. It takes about a minute to complete. Then, open QuickBooks Desktop and check if the issue is fixed.
Method 2. Put QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the Tool Hub to use
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it fix installation errors.
- Once the Install Diagnostic Tool finishes, restart your system and open QuickBooks.
Method 3. Open QuickBooks application without opening the company file
- Tap and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard at the same time, then double-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Keep holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window appears, choose a company file and select Open.
Method 4. Clean install QuickBooks to solve trouble opening the program
- Note down the QuickBooks license number, product year, and version, then download a new installer file of your QuickBooks version.
- Uninstall or remove QuickBooks from your application and then install QuickBooks again using a fresh installer file.
This blog aims to cover all important information that will help you fix QuickBooks won’t open error. We hope the solutions mentioned above will help you evade the problem. If the error continues, even after trying all the tricks, get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 6000 77